Echo Family Start Unit 26

Unit 26 — Past State. Use 'was / were'.

🎯 Lesson Overview & Objectives

This practice module contains 36 high-frequency English sentences. It is designed to train automatic speech motor reflexes using the aligned auditory loop framework.

Featured patterns in this lesson:
  • I was tired.(我当时很累。)
  • I was happy.(我很高兴。)
  • I was busy.(我当时很忙。)

Speech Reflex Flow — Section 1

A curated collection of situational speech drills to build direct neural reflexes without mental translation.

I was tired.

我当时很累。

I was happy.

我很高兴。

I was busy.

我当时很忙。

I was ready.

我准备好了。

I was late.

我迟到了。

I was sick.

我生病了。

You were tired.

你当时很累。

You were happy.

你当时很开心。

You were busy.

你当时很忙。

You were ready.

你准备好了。

Speech Reflex Flow — Section 2

A curated collection of situational speech drills to build direct neural reflexes without mental translation.

You were late.

你迟到了。

You were sick.

你生病了。

I was here.

我到过这里。

I was at home.

我当时在家。

I was at school.

我当时在学校。

You were here.

你来过这里。

You were at home.

你当时在家。

You were at school.

当时你在学校。

I was tired yesterday.

我昨天很累。

I was busy yesterday.

我昨天很忙。

Speech Reflex Flow — Section 3

A curated collection of situational speech drills to build direct neural reflexes without mental translation.

I was happy yesterday.

我昨天很开心。

You were tired yesterday.

你昨天很累。

You were busy yesterday.

你昨天很忙。

You were happy yesterday.

你昨天很开心。

I was not ready.

我还没做好准备。

I was not busy.

我当时并不忙。

I was not here.

我当时不在场。

You were not ready.

你还没准备好。

You were not busy.

你当时并不忙。

You were not here.

你当时不在场。

Speech Reflex Flow — Section 4

A curated collection of situational speech drills to build direct neural reflexes without mental translation.

I was very tired.

我当时很累。

I was very busy.

我当时非常忙。

I was very happy.

我非常高兴。

You were very tired.

你当时很累。

You were very busy.

你当时非常忙。

You were very happy.

你当时非常高兴。

⚠️ The Speech Reflex Paradox

Simply reading and listening is not enough for real fluency.

Fluency is about motor reflex speed, not intellectual memorization. In real-time conversations, your brain cannot afford to construct grammar rules on the fly. Only seamless target-to-native reflex drills can bypass the translation bottleneck and make you speak automatically.

Convert these 36 phrases into muscle reflex ⚡Start Muscle Drills with EchoLangs

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q:What is the primary focus of the lesson Echo Family Start Unit 26?

This lesson focuses on building subconscious spoken reflexes for English. By listening to high-frequency audio loops, your speech motor pathways learn to link target structures directly with meaning, skipping the mental translation phase entirely.

Q:Are these sentences recorded by native speakers?

Yes, all training sentences are recorded at natural native speeds and frequencies to help your ears adapt to real-world pronunciation and rhythm.

Q:How should I practice these sentences for the best results?

Click any sentence row to play its audio loop. We recommend repeating each sentence aloud (shadowing) immediately after hearing it. Keep looping until you can produce the target sentence instantly without thinking.

Q:Can I customize or import my own text?

Yes! With EchoFactory, you can paste any article, book, or dialog to compile custom aligned T-N-T reflex drills for your personalized learning goals.

Native Reference Language

Switching language updates translations instantly. Audio tracks (MP3) remain unchanged without page reloads.

Explore Related Lessons

English Bank
Neural BookAvailable Now
EchoLangs Book Cover

Language is Reflex

Learn the neural science of speech motor pathways and how to speak automatically.

Read the Book
EchoLangs Mobile App

Language is Reflex

Build your natural language reflex.

Speak faster, freeze less.